Any strange mouse effects with XFree86-3.3.5

Hello,

I recently updated to the latest potato XFree86 packages:

Package: xfree86-common
Section: x11
Installed-Size: 399
Maintainer: Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org>
Source: xfree86-1
Version: 3.3.5-1

etc.

Now I observe a really strange effekt:

I often switch to console for several tasks where gpm is running of
course.  After switching back to the X screen the mouse disappeared
sometimes or showes very strange effects (like simulating right-clicks
where I havn't done something of this kind).  The mouse cursor vanishes
in this case.  After about twenty seconds moving the mouse around
and clicking the buttons the curso reappears and all seems to work
normally.

I havn't changed anything on my /etc/X11/XF86Config file which was
working with the previous version of the X11 files.  The mouse is
a M$ IntelliMouse.

Does somebody else observed this effect and are there any ideas to
get rid of it?

Kind regards

       Andreas.