Re: OpenSSH uploaded replacing ssh, please test

On Tue, Nov 02, 1999 at 08:26:36PM -0700, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> On 3 Nov 1999, Philip Hands wrote:
>
> >   It seems to get confused about the bit-length of some keys generated
> >   with older versions of ssh.  Instead of thinking they are 1024 bits long,
> >   it will treat them as though they are 1023 bits long.  This seems to be
> >   harmless, but it does mean that you need to edit the line in your known
> >   hosts file, replacing the 1024 with 1023.
> Given a similar experiance with GPG+RSA I think this is due to the way gmp
> encodes numbers [drops leading 0s]. It should be fixable and sounds like a
> serious problem.

I'll investigate.  Thanks!

> > Other than that, it seems to be working well for me.
> Does it have PAM?

Short answer:  Yes, and by release, it'll even have _good_ PAM.

Long answer:  Yes, but not the way we want it to.  It uses pam_pwdb.so (but
will no-longer as of friday when I get home.  I'll be ripping that out and
submitting a patch).

-Dan

--
"Beware he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams
himself your master."