Re: jdk1.1 license changes

    Aaron> Gack, is this a part of the license we must abide by? If
    Aaron> so, debian has no established framework to uphold such a
    Aaron> restriction. We are a multinational organization.

AFAIK, this issue has only ever come up before in relation to
cryptographic software and Debian's response was to create non-US.

I wouldn't be suprised, however, that some of the IBM derived java
stuff has similar restrictions on which countries may or may not
receive code.  The clause to which you refer is common in a lot of the
comercial software licences I see.

--
Stephen

"If I claimed I was emporer just cause some moistened bint lobbed a
scimitar at me they'd put me away"