release-critical bug #45928: gnome-apt uninstallable for 6 weeks

As the bug report states, gnome-apt depends on unavailable libapt-pkg2.5 when
apt provides lib-apt-pkg2.6.  However, there has been no response to that
report
nor to other queries on the lists, as far as I have seen.

This has been going on for nearly 6 weeks; gnome-apt won't compile on my system
(lots of C++ errors, which I can list if anyone is interested).

Do the gnome-apt team hope to include gnome-apt in Debian 2.2?  Please tell us
what is going on!

--
      Vote against SPAM: http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/
     "Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his