Re: cdb usage

On Sun, Oct 31, 1999 at 04:23:47PM +0000, Alexander Koch wrote:
> cdb is from the qmail author and I have a package of
> software that needs cdb to work. Should I have a
> "Suggests: cdb | cdb-src"? Oh, fine, it does not need
> it to work but for useful features.
>
> Is that what is best?

	The dependancy on cdb-src is certainly wrong.
        It alone is not enough to ensure cdbget etc are
        available.

        Debian as a whole does not have any _nice_ way to
        distribute source-only packages, for local compilation.

        If you want, you can grab the source files from cdb-src
        and include them in your package. The source (not the Makefile,
        not the documentation) is in public domain, and very small.

--
Havoc Consulting | unix, linux, perl, mail, www, internet, security consulting
+358 50 5486010  | software development, unix administration, training