Re: Suggestion to and how to alow different compression for .debs

Ben Collins writes:

 > With the current implementation I have, it is a simple matter of adding a
 > line for each (de)compressor wanted. I think we should choose carefully
 > what compressions we allow, as it could lead to problems if we don't. For
 > this reason, we should not allow arbitrary compression tools to be used.

I agree. Specifically, machines tight on disk space (but with an NFS
mirror, for example), will not want to have to have installed n
different decompressors just to upgrade their packages.

Matthew

--
"At least you know where you are with Microsoft."
"True. I just wish I'd brought a paddle."