Re: unofficial REQUEST for support DEBIAN GNU/Linux

Ralph,

Your English is great...I get the message.  Yes we'd be willing to let
you redistribute REBOL so long as you include all intellectual property rights where appropriate (i.e., copyright & trademark notices and the license).

How do you generally coordinate such redistributions?  Do you have an agreement that you use?  Where in the distribution would REBOL be included?

Best Regards,

Dan

At 09:59 PM 10/26/99 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi REBOL Team,
>
>i'm a registered Debian GNU/Linux who packages a lot of packages
>(can be found at my homepage http://www.solutions4linux.de/debian)
>and also packaged a previous version of REBOL (can be found also
>at this site). Because of the LICENSE restrictions we can not
>redistribute the REBOL Package :-( Is there any kind plan to
>support FREE Linux distribution like we are ? Our users profit from
>the packaging system of Debian, that is the best around all
>Linux distribution. Simple updates are garented throw the APT tool
>which checks the Debian GNU/Linux Package database for new releases
>so our users can stay up-to-date... There are many other reasons
>why YOU should support Debian GNU/Linux. Our everytime avilable
>BUG TRACKING system makes it possible to find and solve problems as
>soon as they happen. REBOL can profit from that all so PLEASE
>support us throw a LICENSE that allows us redistribute REBOL !!!
>
>Sorry for my bad english :-)
>
>--
>Raphal Bossek <raphael.bossek@solutions4linux.de> [ICQ #40047651]
>PGP fingerprint: DF 6F 2C 76 46 1E B4 1C  5B A5 2E 1B FC E0 D3 F6
>PGP public key: http://www.solutions4linux.de/private/pgpkey.asc
>
>   __ _    Debian GNU
>/ /__| | | | | |_| |>  <     The Choise of a GNU Generation

Dan Stevens
REBOL Technologies
Director of Bus Development
dan@rebol.com