Re: Default language for system

Piotr Roszatycki <dexter@fnet.pl> writes:

> I'd like to intent to package 'task-polish'.
> I think this package could show dialog (debconf) if the
> Polish language should be default for system.
>
> How can I set a LANG environment variable in postinst script?

What for? So that an english admin can´t setup the package anymore for
his polish users?

I´m german but I certainly don´t want my linux to talk german to me,
same will be true for many polish users. Don´t mess with their
settings.

LANG gets set in /etc/enviroment and you must respect whatever the
admin has set there (or in his profile).

Of cause you can echo a line suggesting to change LANG to polish
during postinst.

May the Source be with you.
			Goswin