Re: ITP: librep, rep-gtk and sawmill

On Tue, Aug 31, 1999 at 09:43:03PM +0800, Mikolaj J. Habryn was heard to say:
> sawmill README:
>
> Sawmill is an extensible window manager using an Emacs Lisp-like
> scripting language--all window decorations are configurable, the basic
> idea is to have as much user-interface policy as possible controlled
> through the Lisp language. This is no layer on top of twm, but a
> wholly new architecture.
>
> rep-gtk README:
>
> This is rep-gtk 0.0, a binding of GTK+ for my rep Lisp interpreter. It
> is based on Marius Vollmer's guile-gtk package (initially version
> 0.15, updated to 0.16), with a new glue-code generator.
>
> librep README:
>
> This is librep, an Emacs Lisp-like runtime library for UNIX. It
> contains a LISP interpreter, byte-code compiler and virtual machine.
> Applications may use the LISP interpreter as an extension language, or
> it may be used for standalone scripts.
>
>   Needless to say, I'm principally interested in sawmill, and all the
> rest are dependencies for it. License on all of the above is GPL2, and
> their home site is http://www.dcs.warwick.ac.uk/~john/sw/
>
> m.

  How are these going?  I just ran across sawmill and would like to try it --
do you have pre-packages available or should I compile it myself and stuff it in
/usr/local/stow for now?

  Daniel

--
  He had a terrible memory.  He remembered everything.