Re: Move proftpd to contrib

On Thu, Sep 16, 1999 at 22:42:36 -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
> This package has been a major source of serious security bugs and
> indicatiosn are that it will remain as such.

SuSE have indicated they're dropping it:
http://linuxtoday.com/story.php3?sn=10124 .

> Our Policy states that packages that are not sufficiently free of bugs to
> meet our standards should not be in main and should be moved to contrib.

Note that there is currently a proposal on -policy to remove that part of
contrib's description, making licensing terms and dependency on non-free
software the only criteria in deciding main/non-free/contrib.

Ray
--
Obsig: developing a new sig