Re: Thread debugging support in potato

On Sat, Sep 11, 1999 at 04:31:44PM -0400, bj@hermes.usherb.ca wrote:
> hi,
>
> with a freeze soon, is it planned to have support for threads
> debugging in potato?
>
> do we have to wait until the upstream team include the thread
> debuggin patch in gdb?
>
> i think it's not normal to have support for threads debugging in slink
> but not in potato!
>
> i saw somewhere a patch for gdb4.18 for thread debugging... i hope we
> will have this in potato... im sure im not the only one who use pthread :)

It also is missing the patches for proper Ada support. (Please, no random
language snipping.) If these patches (for thread & Ada support) can't be
found for 4.18, can we include the slink version as gdb-thread-gnat or
something?

(I've thought about rewriting the debugger to have proper modular support
for languages. See my sig for further thoughts about this.)

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
One day, a student came to Moon and said, "I know how to make a better