Re: how to make Debian less fragile (long and philosophical)

Craig Sanders wrote:
> IMO, it would be better to have a /bin/static/ directory and then just
> set PATH=/bin/static:$PATH - then any package could just drop a static
> version in there.

This sounds like a very good idea.  But /sbin/static/, please :)  These
binaries will only be useful to the system administrator.  And the FHS
specifically says "There should be no subdirectories within /bin".

Do we have a consensus that sash should be priority "important"?

Richard Braakman