Re: ITR: Leaving the Debian project

Le Fri, Jul 30, 1999 at 02:18:16AM +0200, Leon Breedt écrivait:
> - Turnaround time on projects is very very slow.  A lot of
>   people have good ideas, but are intimidated by the amount
>   of flames directed at innovation and new ideas.
>   Much of these ideas then remain vapourware or pie-in-the-sky.

That's the fault of the people who don't do what they wanted to do.
Personnally I don't care (too much) about the flames when I think
that my idea/job is good. :)

> - I cannot handle the increasingly bureacratic nature of
>   Debian.  In my opinion, too much time is spent in
>   "deciding to decide".

That's true too. But we need to evolve as we keep growing. And there
are many people that are working ... but the work is not something that
you can see as easily as flames on lists.

> Having not seen this done before, I do not know the procedure,
> but wish to be taken off of all relevant developer-only lists.

It's described in the developers-reference :
3.2 Retiring Gracefully

If you choose to leave the Debian project, you should make sure you do the
following steps:

   1.Orphan all your packages, as described in Orphaning a package,
     Section 9.4.

   2.Send an email about how you are leaving the project to
     debian-private@lists.debian.org.

   3.Notify the Debian key ring maintainers that you are leaving by
     emailing to keyring-maint@debian.org.

Orphaning a package means uploading it with the
"Debian QA Group <debian-qa@lists.debian.org>" as the Maintainer field.

Cheers,
--
Hertzog Raphaël >> 0C4CABF1 >> http://prope.insa-lyon.fr/~rhertzog/