Re: usr/share/doc and dhelp

Am 22.07.99 schrieb ujr # pbtrs2.phy.tu-dresden.de ...

Moin Ulf!

UJR>  Some packages already did move their doc directory. If they had dhelp
UJR>  or doc-base support there's a .dhelp file in the old /usr/doc/<package>
UJR>  and its subdirectories. Obviously this is not removed when dpkg removes

This is wrong, if you use dhelp directly. As the .dhelp is a static file
created during the build of the package, dpkg will remove it.

UJR>  1) What to do with package's leftover? I guess filing a bugreport should
UJR>     be appropriate.

Yeah, against your own package :)? Maybe you have forgotten to tell doc-
base (if you use doc-base) in prerm to "check out" your package? The
problem with doc-base is that it creates the .dhelp file dynamically
during the installation process of a package.

cu, Marco

--
      Linux HOWTOs - Die besten Loesungen der Linuxgemeinde
                        ISBN 3-8266-0498-9

Uni: Budde@tu-harburg.de             Fido: 2:240/6298.5
Mailbox: mbudde@sms.antar.com        http://www.tu-harburg.de/~semb2204/