Re: [New maintainer] Working for Debian and becoming a registered Debian developer

Carl Mummert writes:

> Hacking is a serious crime

Cracking is a serious crime. Breaking into computer systems without
permission is a serious crime. Violation of privacy and theft of
confidential information is a serious crime.

Now what does this have to do with hacking?

> The fact remains that the debian policy is to discourage new
> developers by making it slow and difficult to get an account.

I have no problem with waiting, and I'd rather not look bad just
because some people keep speaking badly about the new-maintainer team.
We don't need another flamewar here. People have work to do.

--
Debian GNU/Linux - http://www.debian.org/
The Web is to graphic design as the fax machine is to literature.