Re: Intent to Develop: unzip

On Wed, Jul 21, 1999, William Brioschi wrote:
> I wondered why unzip wasn't anymore in main, then I read the copyright
> file.
>
> I have some close-to-working code which I wrote a couple years ago.
> It mainly requires debugging and feature-adding.
> It uses a different algorithm than unzip, and is sensibly slower.

GNU gzip already features zip uncompressing .zip files. It only lacks
support for multiple compressed files.

Perhaps the gzip source code might be of interest to you; how does your
program compare with it ?

Greetings,
Sam.
--
Samuel Hocevar <sam@via.ecp.fr> - http://www.via.ecp.fr/~sam/
echo "what is the universe"|tr "a-z " 0-7-0-729|sed 's/9.//g;s/-/+/'|bc