Re: dupload announcements

On Fri, 16 Jul 1999 09:16:45 +1000, Craig Sanders <cas@taz.net.au> said:
> On Thu, Jul 15, 1999 at 03:54:27PM -0700, Joey Hess wrote:
>>
>> Because if you use the new dpkg-dev, dinstall will announce it for
>> you when
>
> is there a good reason for that? i use the upload announcements to
> find out when there's new good stuff in my Incoming mirror.

There was supposed to be a new program run on master which would scan
incoming every 15 minutes or so.  When it found newly uploaded packages
which passed simple sanity tests it would do the announcement.  So, new
packages would be announced right away as before, but we'd still be able
to separate out source-only and architecture-specific announcement lists
and the like.  There might be more details in the "new upload procedure"
bug assigned to ftp.debian.org.

This hasn't been written yet.

--
Roderick Schertler