Re: gdm fails to start

>> "AT" == Andreas Tille <tille@physik.uni-halle.de> writes:

AT> Starting GNOME Display Manager: gdm_config_parse: Xdmcp disabled
AT> and no local servers defined. Aborting!  gdm.

It is disabled for security reasons, as I couldn't assure a user isn't
running some other display manager serving this display. In this case,
the keyboard would lock up and other strange things happen. It is a
security measure, mentioned in the package description, in a message
during installation, in README.Debian and on
http://www.gnome.org/start/getting_debian.shtml

AT> What can I do to solve this problem?

Edit /etc/gdm/gdm.conf

Ciao,