problems on rxvt-ml

Hello,

I am a member of Debian JP and use kterm which is a terminal emulator
for X with multi-lingual support (for me, japanese support) and also
krxvt of rxvt-ml but there are some problems on rxvt-ml in my potato
system.

I am not sure if these are bugs or intentional settings of the maintainer
so I wish to ask first in this mailing list.

The versions of rxvt and rxvt-ml are
rxvt            2.4.5-19
rxvt-ml         2.4.5-19

[I] On the menu
postinst of rxvt-ml does not do

if test -x /usr/bin/update-menus; then update-menus; fi

thus in some cases, Debian menu may have no entry of krxvt.
Is this intentional or bug ?

[II] Message with option -ls
When invoked with -ls option, (k)rxvt shows message like

/dev/ttyp7: Operation not permitted

When I downgraded to

rxvt-ml         2.4.5-16

then the above message is not shown.

I am afraid that this may be intentional but I wish to know if this is
really intentional or not intentional.

Thanks in advance,		1999.5.24

--
 Debian JP Developer - much more I18N of Debian
 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@pm.tokushima-u.ac.jp>