Re: capabilities

Previously Marco d'Itri wrote:
> What would you all think about a patch to start-stop-daemon to remove
> capabilities from spawned daemons?
> Whith this patch many daemons would not need uid=0 anymore.

You either run with uid=0 and remove capabilities, or run with another
uid and add capabilities. Make up your mind :).

The right solution is probabily either something like a capd, or a
capabilities-enhanced filesystem (I think there are patches for ext2fs,
and ext3fs already has it?).

Wichert.

E-Mail: wichert@cs.leidenuniv.nl