Re: request to kill nag messages

Hi,

 John> Branden Robinson <branden@ecn.purdue.edu> writes:
 >> Wrong.  Brian White is no longer the release manager, so he has no special
 >> privilege to send mails like this.

 John> What special priviledge is necessary?  The very fact that the bug has
 John> been open for that long I think entitles anyone to send them out.

        Quite correct. No priviledge is required for sending Make
 $$$$$ fast messages either. But unsolicited messages that serve no
 useful purpose tend to get responses. Like complaints to abuse@xx.xx
 and to ISP's or employers.

        Are we at the point where one needs to resort to that to get
 spam turned off?

        manoj
--
 You will triumph over your enemy.