Re: [ITP/mostly packaged] hftpd

On Thu, May 20, 1999 at 01:14:49PM -0700, Chris Waters wrote:
> Adrian Bridgett <adrian.bridgett@zetnet.co.uk> writes:
>
> > On Tue, May 18, 1999 at 05:09:27PM -0400, Michael Stone wrote:
> > [snip]
>
> > > Because too many people don't use debian kernel images.
>
> > How about only making dependant packages "suggest" the appropriate kernel
> > version?  That gets around this problem.
>
> Or make it conflict with inappropriate versions?  (Actually, this
> would work better if kernel-image-2.0.xx provided the virtual package
> kernel-image-2.0, etc., but whatever.)

No conflicts - you can install as many kernels as you like - you could have
2.0 and 2.2 installed and then boot between them :-)

Adrian

email: adrian.bridgett@zetnet.co.uk, http://www.poboxes.com/adrian.bridgett
Windows NT - Unix in beta-testing.   PGP key available on public key servers
Avoid tiresome goat sacrifices  -=-  use Debian Linux http://www.debian.org