Re: debian-upload-queue in Japan (Re: Homapages in list of maintainers)

Thank you for your quick action :)

In article <[🔎] 14137.39034.38739.34930I@lavender.debian.gr.jp>
 Fumitoshi UKAI <ukai@debian.or.jp> writes:

> I've already set up debian upload queue daemon on master.debian.or.jp.
> It seems to work fine, Susumu Osawa has uploaded aumix package as powerpc
> binary NMU via this upload queue yesterday:)

Then we should inform dupload@packages.debian.org about this
to make update the /etc/dupload.conf file, as Josip Rodin told here and me
(Thank you Josip :).

> Now, I'm wondering what nickname is used for this upload queue.
> Since "master-jp" is already used for nickname to dupload for JP archives
> (in Debian JP Project), different name is better to distinguish, I think.
> Any idea?

Even if the "master-jp" was not used, I think it is not suitable,
because it resembles "master". I don't like "master-??" coming
all over the world ;)

How is the other nicname "chiark", "elrangen", and "giano" named ?
Are they named after the name of the location ?

I personally prefer "sakura", a Cherry blossom, kind of flower.
It is famous in Japan, as a gift from Japan to be planted
along the Potomac(?) river in the Washington D.C.

But another member of JP project said that name is used for
another host which is used to build the sparc binary...

Then, how about "tokyo" ? It is the name of a famous city that
can be recognisable globally, I suppose.

Or "fuji" ? the name of the highest mountain in Japan.

--
  Taketoshi Sano: <kgh12351@nifty.ne.jp>