Re: Homapages in list of maintainers

From: John Lapeyre <lapeyre@physics.arizona.edu>
Subject: Re: Homapages in list of maintainers
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 13:26:29 -0700

> 	I think it would be great for Debian JP and Debian to find someone
> in Japan who can do interviews in Japan and report to the new-maintainer
> people in Debian proper (in Europe or U.S.)  That is to say, it would
> be good to have a new-maintainer person located in Japan.
> This could speed up the process and improve communications.

This is the main point that I want to discuss. The above method,
which I also proposed several days ago, is the most practical,
efficient and reliable solution, I believe.

Official maintainers of Debian JP have already much information on
the reliability, ability and identity of the candidates from Debian JP
through their activity in Debian JP. So he can communicate much more
details on a phone call with candidates and if necessary he can
report the results to members of new-maintainer with e-mail which is
much easier than with a phone call for Japanese.

But members of new-maintainer team in (for example) the U.S. get such
information only through a phone call which may result short on substance
because of language problem.

Which is more reasonable ?

Thanks in advance,		1999.5.11

--