Re: KDE debian stuff

> kdm not requiring xdm.  (I migrated kdm out of kdebase so it is a seperate
>                 package..this should take care of this for the time being)
> migrate kde out of /usr/X11R6/bin and into /usr/bin  (requested by someone)
> fixing up the scripts (still working on this...have current issues with the i18n
>                       stuff, but everything else works)

/etc/init.d/kdm shouldn't use  /etc/X11/config, its obsolete.

#!/bin/bash
# /etc/init.d/xdm: start or stop XDM.

test -f /etc/X11/config || exit 0

grep -q ^xbase-not-configured /etc/X11/config && exit 0

case "$1" in
  start)
      grep -q ^start-kdm /etc/X11/config || exit 0
      if grep -q ^start-xdm /etc/X11/config
        then
        echo "WARNING : can only start kdm or xdm, but not both !"
      fi

Thanks,

      Hartmut