Re: Release Plans (1999-05-10)

Samuel Tardieu <sam@debian.org> writes:

> On 10/05, Richard Braakman wrote:
>
> |   * glibc 2.1 upgrade
> | As far as I know, this project is largely complete.  There are one or two
> | bugs left in the backward compatibility code, and there's the question
> | of what to do with /dev/pts.

> Not largely complete on Sparc (we still have problems with Sun4m), but
> Ben Collins is actively working on fixing this :)

I believe the problem is known and we have a fix.  I'm just waiting
for a stock Linus kernel to show up with the appropriate patches in
it, so we can add it to potato.

Same thing with X 3.3.3.1.  We need a late kernel for Creator and
Mach64 systems (and, perhaps, LEO systems).

Steve
dunham@cse.msu.edu