Re: Homapages in list of maintainers

From: Andreas Tille <tille@physik.uni-halle.de>
Subject: Re: Homapages in list of maintainers
Date: Fri, 7 May 1999 11:27:03 +0200 (METDST)

> > http://www.topstudio.co.jp/~kmuto/debian/debilman.html
> >
> > but you need Japanese capability of course ;-)
> Nice hint ... for a friend of mine how learned Japanese ... but
> not for me :).  But may be Debian could learn from Debian JP ...

Of course, Debian JP has learned a lot from Debian.

> By the way: is there really a need to split Debian JP from
> Debian??  Sounds curious for me.

No, completely no :-) My poor English may confuse you but
the aim of Debian JP is
- to help Debian to be more internationalized,
- and so Debian JP will contribute packages created by maintainers
  of Debian JP to Debian.

So we want to merge packages of Debian JP into Debian itself
and make Debian to be an internationalized distribution.
There are already many packages in Debian which are originally
made in Debian JP (canna, kon2, kterm, skk, ... etc.).

But some barriers prevent us from becoming official maintainers
so the merging Debian JP into Debian does not work well now.

# Please read my e-mail in this mailing list:
# Subject: How to become a maintainer

If you want to know about Debian JP more precisely, please
visit

http://www.debian.or.jp/

there are some pages of English version too.

Thanks in advance,		1999.5.8

--
 Atsuhito Kohda