Re: Web servers bug ?

Adam Di Carlo wrote:
  >kevin@bestkevin.com writes:
  >> postgres seems not allow user www-data 'cause the '-'. When I needed to
  >> use it, I changed Apache user to nobody.
  >
  >This is no longer true as of PostgreSQL 6.4.x.  (Hint: you might need
  >to use quoting).

Hmm, I don't remember putting the fix in, and I just checked the
changelog...

Ah - you are talking about putting in the username itself, which _must_
be double-quoted, by the way, but that's no use without being able to
grant permissions to it.  That needs release 6.5.

     "Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do
      what is right in the eyes of all men."
                            Romans 12:17