> Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 17:41:05 -0400
> From: "Ming Poon" <mingp@corel.ca>
> To: Wichert Akkerman <wichert@cs.leidenuniv.nl>
> Subject: Anyone in Debian working on or following IPP to make it available on
>  Linux???

> Linux printing is one area that we see a lot of improvements will be
> required for a nice desktop environment. Do you know if anyone is
> working on or following IPP (www.pwg.org/ipp) to make it available on
> Linux??? Is lpdng similar to IPP and who are the key Debian contacts in
> this area. Thanks.

> ----- End forwarded message -----

AFAIK the LPRng author is following the major talks, to-be-standards and
wanna-be-... on new printing protocols.

The game has been going on for years, so there is no hurry to
follow. Whenever something sane and promising will have appeared he
will think about implementing it.

Good thing of IPP is that parts of previous efforts were made public.

Lets wait ...

	Sven
--
Sven Rudolph <sr1@sax.de>		http://www.sax.de/~sr1/