From: Jake Griesbach [mailto:griesbac@gamera.colorado.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 1999 11:45 AM
To: debian-devel@lists.debian.org
Subject: DDD Breakpoints/Local variables

Hi,

I'm having trouble using DDD.  I want to simply add a breakpoint and view
a local variable afterwards.  I have compiled my C program with
egcs-2.91.66 with -g and -ggdb3 set.  I then load ddd, and set the
breakpoint by selecting a source line and selecting set breakpoint.  When
I hit run, I get the following output:

(gdb) run
Starting program: /home/griesbac/temp/src/bjsim/bjsim
Breakpoint 1 at 0x823c07c: file bjsim.c, line 523.
Cannot insert breakpoint 1:
Cannot access memory at address 0x823c07c.
(gdb)

Also, after that, when I try to view a local variable, (decks), by double
clicking on the variable in the source code, I get:

(gdb) graph display decks
No symbol "decks" in current context.
(gdb)

I also attached my ddd logfile to this email.

What am I doing wrong?  Any help here is appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Jake Griesbach
University of Colorado at Boulder