X11 version

Hello,

i've just installed Debian 2.1. Thank you for your great work!

But i had some trouble with X configuration. Debian currently uses XFree
3.3.2. I needed 3.3.3.1 for support of my graphics adapter(Matrox G100).
I looked for the next, unstable release of debian and noticed that it
also uses 3.3.2. This is somewhat annoying to me, since i would expect
the latest version of XFree at least in the release currently prepared.

Now the question is: Is there a good reason why Debian does not use
XFree 3.3.3.1. If so, i would like to know it. On the other hand, if the
reason is a lack of volunteer work, please tell me also; i perhaps will
do it.

Matthias Pfisterer