Re: GNOME universe

Montreal Sun Mar 14 18:29:49 1999

Ossama Othman <othman@cs.wustl.edu> wrote:
> Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I think that the point is that
> adding a "/usr/gnome" directory would go against the standards set in the
> FHS which what Debian tries to comply with.  Correct?

You're probably right but I still think it makes some sense and I
think it's cleaner.  I could be wrong.  I'm just not happy about
things like /usr/bin/panel or /etc/mime-magic.  There's got to be a
better way.

FYI:

[asimov] [/usr/local/pkgs] dpkg -S mime-magic
gnome-bin: /etc/mime-magic
gnome-bin: /etc/mime-magic.dat

and panel is the GNOME panel.

-N.