RE: [Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org>] Re: Debian & BSD concerns

I can not think of any reason why free software could not be patent,
but then I'm not a lawyer either.

Since a patent is used to grant control of an invention to some party,
it should probably be viewed with suspicion - the whole free software
movement seems to be predicated on giving up control.

Two questions bother me.

Could the license of patent software be changed,
or would that require a new patent?

Could a license be so free as to abrogate the rights conferred upon the
patent holder by the patent?

- Bruce