Re: Can I stop xdm/wdm from always starting up?

On Sun, Feb 28, 1999 at 06:42:09PM +0000, Pedro Guerreiro wrote:

> That's two of us, because I use wdm too ;-). The question I made has to do
> with both xdm _and_ wdm, I mentioned xdm because it's the common place,
> wdm config files are alike.

The general idea is this: if you installed a _daemon_ you _want_ to use it.
If you don't want it running, then don't install it. (I'm speaking just for
myself here, as wdm maintainer; nothing I say here applies to xdm)

Here, at home, I have xdm, wdm _and_ Login.app installed.  The first two are
installed because I need to test installations/deinstallations of Login.app
under the worst possible conditions.  If you "just want to try out" wdm,
you'll have to fiddle with /etc/rc?.d/[KS]??[xw]dm.  If you need to disable
it for some reason at startup, either chmod 0000 /etc/init.d/wdm or remove
the local server from /etc/X11/wdm/Xservers.

					Marcelo