Re: DFSG Draft #8

>>>>> Darren Benham writes:

I haven't been following the discussion of the new DFSG drafts at all,
but I must say, I'm very impressed with the current draft.  I have
only a few minor nits to pick:

1) In section 2.3, move `Restrictions on charges (discouraged)' below
   `Availability of source code', to put the most important
   information closer to the beginning of the section, and add the
   discouraged restriction as an afterthought.

2) In section 3.1, where `discouraged' is defined, there is a typo:
   `allowed but discourage' (should be `allowed but discouraged').

3) Section 3.2 should probably be rephrased as `The license has fewer
   restrictions than the ones listed in this document.'  The current
   phrasing is just confusing.

4) Section 3.4... instead of `as examples', maybe write `At the time
   of this writing, we believe that the following licenses are
   considered ``free'' according to the above guidelines.'  If you
   don't rephrase this, at least fix the typo (`Debian consider'
   should be `Debian considers').

Thanks for your great work on this document... I think it'll be a
welcome clarification of the current DFSG,

--
 Gordon Matzigkeit <gord@fig.org>  //\ I'm a FIG (http://www.fig.org/)
Committed to freedom and diversity \// I use GNU (http://www.gnu.org/)