Re: de-symlinking the archive

> Don't you dare talk to me about courtesy and respect!  You tell me to my
> face, "yeah, we'll do that" and then never do it.  Every release I have
> to continually pester you to get anything done.
>
> Fine.  Take over the the release management, too.  I quit.  Some people
> used to tell me, "I know they're a pain in the ass, but the cause is
> worth it."  I no longer believe it.  You guys just aren't worth the
> trouble.

No, Brian, you're doing a fantastic job.  It is clear to me, although
this is only the end of my first release cycle as a developer (I
became a developer the day of the scheduled slink freeze), that you
are very careful to make sure that everything works as required, that
the release will, eventually, make it out of the door, that obvious
things that might go wrong are checked beforehand wherever possible
(and that *obviously* includes replacing symlinks by real files in the
FTP archive).

Please don't give up this important job!  We love you, Brian, even if
you are harsh and won't let in our bugfixes ;-)

   Julian

  Julian Gilbey, Dept of Maths, QMW, Univ. of London. J.D.Gilbey@qmw.ac.uk
             Debian GNU/Linux Developer.  jdg@debian.org
       -*- Finger jdg@master.debian.org for my PGP public key. -*-