Re: Debian's Bug Tracking Software

On Thu, Feb 25, 1999 at 02:08:23PM +0000, Julian Gilbey wrote:
> Does debbugs have the facility to divert bugs from package to package?
> I think this would be a very useful feature: if source package A
> creates binary packages B, C and D, then the bug scripts can be
> instructed to assign all bugs against B, C or D to package A if this
> is desired, and the web site could have packages B, C and D simply
> being links to the list of bugs against A.  This would also help with
> the problem of package renaming.
Not yet... maybe it could be added... there are a few other things on
the table... One is getting the current deb finialized so that I can
add it to Debian's distribution.

I'd also like to see it tested under some of the other architectures...
none of which I have access too...

> Just a thought.
I'm thinking... but bring it up to me again when the deb joins the
distribution... also, there's no promise of debian actually using the
deb :(  The current maintainers of the BTS could decide to keep working
with the current software.  Debian wasn't ever upgraded from 0.2 to 1.0
when IWJ released that version... that trend could continue...

- Darren