Re: slink's dpkg

On Wed, Feb 24, 1999 at 11:42:49PM +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:

> > Is there a fix?
>
> No.
>
> > If not: Are we really going to release slink with this dpkg? (If yes: Arg!!!)

> Yes.

What?!  First, is there any discussion of this that you can point to?

My initial impression, from reading these emails, is that we are
basically going to risk Debian upgrades failing if the user has set
the locale to something other than 'C'.  Is this indeed true?  If so,
what is the rationale for releasing with this?

Thanks,
--
David N. Welton               |   Fortune rota volvitur - descendo minoratus
davidw@prosa.it               |    alter in altum tollitur - nimis exaltatus