Re: smail configuration in exim?

On Mon, Feb 15, 1999 at 12:41:30PM +0100, Debian Mail wrote:
> > > exim: I have different virtual domains using the multihome recipe, and
> > > wonder if I can keep that)
> > Yes, sure. It's only that exim is standard, so it gets installed on a fresh
> > install. It won't remove existing smail package.
>
> Yes, but can I switch to exim and keep my multihome setup?

How is your multihome setup done on smail? I had one where I wanted
different alias files per domain; it meant having a separate set of
smail config files for each domain and getting the master to pipe
to other smails etc. Very messy.

In exim, I have:

virtual:
  driver = aliasfile
  domains = "moffatt.nu:intelliware.com.au"
  file = "/etc/aliases-$domain"
  search_type = lsearch
  suffix = "-*"
  suffix_optional = yes
  no_more

Then I have /etc/aliases-{fqdn} files.
You can leave out the suffix stuff if you don't use it.

Hamish