Re: cron has gone to UTC time?

At 09:29 +0200 1999-02-10, Kai Henningsen wrote:
But it doesn't stay that way all the time when you upgrade timezones.
Happened to me yesterday.

I think this counts as a timezones bug.

Agreed, but no need to file it.

Scenario:

unpack cron
unpack timezones        - this deletes (!!) /etc/timezone

Aha! It's the postrm deleting /etc/localtime that's the problem, I will fix it, the problem is I can't fix the old postrm without evil (so my question is, should I add more evil to timezones? (it already uses evil to lobotomize the old 'timezone' package (which should never have been renamed in the first place, but some glibc maintainer apparently had a phobia of epochs)).
--
Joel Klecker (aka Espy)                     <URL:http://web.espy.org/>
<URL:mailto:jk@espy.org>                  <URL:mailto:espy@debian.org>