dpkg-http and libwww-perl

   The recent split of libwww-perl into libhtml-parser-perl has left
the now obsolete dpkg-http package in a bit of difficulty.  libwww-perl
must not be updated unless libhtml-parser-perl is installed as well, whether
dpkg-http is upgraded or not.
   I can partially express this by having dpkg-http Pre-Depend on
libhtml-parser-perl, and hope that libwww-perl has not been updated
independently.  Unfortunately dpkg-http doesn't handle Pre-Dependcies, it
just aborts with a message suggesting the required package be installed by
hand.
   I've created a new package with the Pre-Dependency and an apt Suggestion
and will test this upgrading a hamm system tomorrow, but if anyone wants to
test before then it's at http://biocomp.anu.edu.au/~dld/debian/ If inserted
into the available list (add an archive entry under Access that has a local
Packages.gz pointing to the new dpkg-http) the install should abort cleanly
until libhtml-parser-perl is installed manually.
   I'm tempted to make the Suggests: apt a Recommends: in order to mark apt
for installation if the user goes through package selection.  I'm no longer
using dpkg-http and would like to make slink it's last release.  Comments?

-Drake