Re: Debian FAQ index.html in Incoming causing problems on http mirrors

On Fri, 5 Feb 1999 servis@purdue.edu wrote:

> I just came upon an interesting problem.  The Debian FAQ has been
> uploaded to Incoming and it includes an index.html file.  Well the http
> mirrors that carry the Incoming directory are setup to by default to
> load an index.html file if one exists in a directory when the URL is
> just a directory i.e. http://llug.sep.bnl.gov/debian/Incoming.  This is
> normal behavior.  However when the directory isn't really ment to be a
> 'web site' this causes problems for users who browse the Incoming
> directory with a web browser.  They get the index.html file of the
> Debian FAQ when they are expecting a list of the files in Incoming.

Yes, I understand this may be funny, but this is only a temporary problem
until the FAQ is actually installed in its final destination (which in the
case of the latest FAQ, it already happened on 28 January).

Thanks.

--
 "914969792dde5d36e7287a41906c0f41" (a truly random sig)