Re: Conflicting packages not of extra priority.

On Thu, 4 Feb 1999, John Goerzen wrote:

> > > No, where packages that conflict with a different package OF A HIGHER
> > > PRIORITY THAN ITSELF.
> >
> > Oh, yeah.
> >
> > According to your interpretation, conflicting packages which are both
> > required, or both important, are allowed, right? :-)
>
> That's what it says.

For the record (again), since Santiago's taking all the flak:

I agree with santiago.  Policy says quite clearly (to me) that packages
which conflict with packages of the higher priorities than extra go in
extra. That implies quite clearly (to me) that packages doing that must go
in extra.

I don't think Santiago needs to file a policy amendment.  If John, on the
other hand, would like to file a policy amendment to clarify the wording
(or even change the sense), he can.

Jules