Re: Logo contest - `MUST be manipulated entirely in the GIMP'

On Thu, Feb 04, 1999 at 06:32:32PM +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:
> Now, for a GIMP contest I'm sure this is appropriate.  However, it is
> not appropriate for the Debian logo.  If I wish to submit an entry
> which I have produced using some other software (free or for that
> matter not free) I should be allowed to do so.

I don't see any reason why we shouldn't atleast specify the desire for it
to be created in a free program. I don't want our logo being made using
Adobe Photoshop running on NT4.

As for being strictly Gimp, the way I see it, we get more artistic entries
(not paint shop pro type work) by using this means (the Gimp website
contest). There are a lot of talented people involved with Gimp. If we
were to try and do this on our own, we wouldn't get half the response, nor
half the quality.

UnixGroup Admin - Jordan Systems Inc.                 bcollins@debian.org