Re: agreeing with the DFSG (was Re: non-free --> non-dfsg)

Hi,
	[I am not disagreeing entirely]
>>"Joey" == Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> writes:

 Joey> I think it's not necessary that a developer agree with the
 Joey> DFSG. It should be enough that they indicate they understand it
 Joey> and will abide by it in what they produce for debian.

	Hmm. Quite, as long as they are aware that abiding may well
 mean refraining from internecine and  recurring debate on the merits,
 and indeed, the validity, of the social contract and the DFSG creatre
 a great deal of fdriction, and may indeed run contrary to the
 expectations placed on Debian developers.

	I have hassle enough expaining and defending the concept of
 free software elsewhere to contemplate with equamity the prospect of
 having to defend it here, of all places, from a brother in the cause,
 of all people.

	manoj
--
 "Of course, someone who knows more about this will correct me if I'm
 wrong, and someone who knows less will correct me if I'm right."