Re: using TABS vs SPACES in E-Mail

On Wed, 20 Jan, 1999, Brian May wrote:
> Just my 2 cents: I think using TABS is Ok (I personally do not
> know if any programs or OS that do not default to 8 characters),
> except it messes up the formatting when you quote the message
> in many mailers (eg pine, mh), using the Reply function.

\begin{Technical support}
Well it works on my machine (Mutt)
\end{Technical support}

 _   _  ____
| \ | |/ __ \
|  \| | |  | |
| . ` | |  | |
| |\  | |__| |
|_| \_|\____/

HTML in mails is bad, it is WRONG.

> Given that people won't change to HTML overnight (if at all), IMHO,
> any program that displays Mail using a proportional font is broken
> and should be fixed if tables are to work.

I recon that mailers should display in proportional but have AI that dectects
tables and ascii art and displays them in monospace. I believe compuserve once
worked like that in Windows.

--
GNU does not eliminate all the world's problems, only some of them.
                                                -- The GNU Manifesto