Re: Debian v2.1 ("Slink") Deep Freeze

On Tue, 19 Jan 1999, Brian White wrote:

> 		     Debian v2.1 ("Slink") Deep Freeze
>
> After considerable delay, Slink is almost ready for release.  As such, it
> will go into the "deep freeze" on Wednesday, January 20th.

Brian, will you please consider to do a ftp.debian.org bug hunting *before*
doing any deep freeze?

Some bugs reported two months ago have not been fixed yet. This means that
either:

* They are difficult to fix (unlikely).
* There are not enough ftp.debian.org maintainers (I don't know).
* The release manager does not care about ftp.debian.org bugs (I hope not).
* Some other reason (Which one?).

Could somebody explain me, why, oh why, do we have to wait more than two
months for trivial ftp.debian.org bugs to be fixed?

Thanks.

--
 "2c98611832ea3f6f5fdda95d3704fbb8" (a truly random sig)