Where does 'www-data' come from?

	We seem to have a ever-standing bug against postgresql saying we
cannot have a user called www-data accessing databases (postgresql
complains about the '-' in the name, it looks like it is not a valid char
for postgresql usernames at all). Since I have been making kludges in
several scripts a client of mine has for them to work on debian+Pg I
started to wonder... Where does the name "www-data" come from? IS there any
argument against 'www' ?

	See, I am not suggesting that we change the username to solve the
postgres problem, this would solve this problem, but not THE problem with
postgres. I am just wondering why it is not called just 'www'.

--
Eduardo Marcel Macan	Core Technologies Informatica LTDA
macan@thecore.com.br	Suporte e Desenvolvimento Unix/Linux.