Re: Intent to package: jikes

On Mon, Jan 18, 1999 at 16:14:59 +0100, Ralf-Philipp Weinmann wrote:
> There's one package in particular that I'd like to see in future debian
> releases, namely jikes (a rather fast Java compiler by IBM which is
> written in C++

An intent to package Jikes by Mike Goldman was announce in December; see
	http://www.dejanews.com/getdoc.xp?AN=426659612

> and distributed by IBM in source form under an Open Source license
> agreement.

There are still problems with the Jikes license. See
http://www.nl.debian.org/Lists-Archives/debian-legal-9812/threads.html

Ray
--
PATRIOTISM  A great British writer once said that if he had to choose
between betraying his country and betraying a friend he hoped he would