Re: intent to package slashem

David Damerell <damerell@chiark.greenend.org.uk> writes:

> But it is MUCH buggier.

Code under active development is always more buggier :)

> >A .tgz of the source with the real filenames:
> >ftp://chiark.greenend.org.uk/users/damerell/slashem/slamlinux042.tar.gz

> That is 2 versions out of date, and unlikely to be aggressively kept up to
> date, although I anticipate getting a 4E4 out, and tracking the releases
> which are primarily Kevin fixing bugs rather than Warren generating them.

I've got version 0.0.4E3 to compile pretty well. Tried to apply the
cursed patch[0] for version 4E4 but it didn't work out very well.

Using Warrens sources as *.orig is out of the question. Is it
acceptable if the *.orig only contains the files needed to compile
under an unix enviroment?

0) Mostly filename problems.

--
Peter er den mindst gamle af de gammeldags usenettere, og moderator på
den eneste modererede gruppe i dk.*, so there.